Virginia Beach to settle Baby Braxton lawsuit for $450,000
Virginia Beach, Va. – The City of Virginia Beach will settle the Braxton Taylor lawsuit for $450,000, sources tell NewsChannel 3′s Mike Mather.
Braxton Taylor was the foster baby abused to death under the noses of Virginia Beach social workers.
NewsChannel 3′s investigation into the case resulted in a state inquiry, resignations, and significant policy changes.
According to a release from the city, the settlement agreement was reached Friday after several hours of mediation.
If approved by the court, about $170,000 of the settlement proceeds will be put into a trust fund for Braxton Taylor’s brothers and sisters. His biological father, Ralph Taylor Jr., will receive $75,000, and his biological mother, Kristen Wall, will receive $50,000 of the proceeds. The remainder will go to legal fees and expenses of the estate, which is represented by the law firm of Shuttleworth, Ruloff, Swain, Haddad & Morecock.
BREAKING: Virginia Beach to settle Braxton Taylor lawsuit for $450,000, sources tell NewsChannel 3.—
Mike Mather (@mikemather) February 19, 2013
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation