Fugitive from Maryland arrested days after being featured on NewsChannel 3
A fugitive on the run from Maryland was arrested just days after we featured him on NewsChannel 3.
We first told you about this case last month.
Portsmouth police needed our help to find an accused arsonist who was said to be hiding out in Hampton Roads.
Maryland State Police have arrested Derrick Williams.
Portsmouth police say he may have fled the area when we aired his story.
He was picked up within a week of our broadcast.
Investigators say the case started with a domestic assault in a community called Bryans Road in Charles County, Maryland.
Then, Williams is accused of burning down the house he shared with his victim.
Maryland state police say he fled to Portsmouth.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom