Sara Jones Memorial to be held today
Virginia Beach, Va. – A memorial service will be held on Monday for Sara Jones, a volunteer assistant to the Old Dominion Women’s Basketball Team.
Jones passed away early Friday morning after a lengthy battle with breast cancer.
The service will be held at Wave Church, located on Great Neck Road in Virginia Beach. It begins at 2 p.m.
Sara served as head coach Karen Barefoot’s assistant for the past two years.
Jones, who was 40, fought breast cancer the last 12 years of her life.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend