Sara Jones Memorial to be held today
Virginia Beach, Va. – A memorial service will be held on Monday for Sara Jones, a volunteer assistant to the Old Dominion Women’s Basketball Team.
Jones passed away early Friday morning after a lengthy battle with breast cancer.
The service will be held at Wave Church, located on Great Neck Road in Virginia Beach. It begins at 2 p.m.
Sara served as head coach Karen Barefoot’s assistant for the past two years.
Jones, who was 40, fought breast cancer the last 12 years of her life.
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Washington and Lee student killed, 9 injured in crash
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says