Update: Hundreds without power in Hampton
Hampton, Va. – Close to 4,600 customers were reported without power in Hampton Monday evening.
The outage happened around 8 p.m. according to Dominion Power.
Bonita Harris with Dominion says a circuit went out which caused 4,682 customers to lose power in the areas of Mercury Boulevard, Todds Lane and Big Bethel Road.
All but 670 customers have been restored. Crews say the power has been restored in increments. Crews say they have restored power to Thomas Nelson College, Louise Eggleston Center, New Horizon Tech Center and Mayfair House and Eden Hall Nursing homes.
The cause of the circuit failure is a broken cross arm in the 4000 block of Threechopt Rd in Hampton. It will be replaced. The estimated time of restoration is midnight to the remaining 670 customers still out.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery