VDOT crews suspend I-264 concrete repairs due to cold weather
Norfolk, Va. - VDOT crews have suspended concrete repairs on I-264 East between the Claiborne Avenue overpass and the Broad Creek Bridge due to the projected cold weather conditions Sunday night.
Emergency pothole patching with a hot asphalt mix will continue tonight until 5am.
Curtis Contracting performed concrete repairs from Fridayat 7 p.m. to Saturday at 6 a.m. until weather conditions deteriorated.
Crews had planned to resume activities on Sunday at 7 p.m.; however, due to the projected overnight temperatures, work is suspended until weather conditions improve.
Repairs are now slated to run Monday through Thursday from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. each night, as weather conditions permit.
Motorists should avoid the area if possible and plan to use an alternate route, such as the I-64 High Rise Bridge. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
Motorists are encouraged to visit www.511virginia.org, call 511 or listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean