Taking Action: Spin Cycle Edition!
Catherine Goodman can’t believe someone came in to her back shed and stole her washing machine.
“If I would have been home, and caught somebody doing it, it wouldn’t have been pleasant,” Goodman said in early February.
Despite her feisty demeanor, Goodman has trouble getting around. It’s only made worse since whoever took her washer, messed with her car.
So now she’s dependent on others to take her to the laundry mat.
“It’s really inconvenient ’cause I can’t move around like I used to, you know?” Goodman said.
NewsChannel 3 took action for Mrs. Goodman by teaming up with our friends from East Coast Appliances.
As their truck headed up Mrs. Goodman’s dirt road in Suffolk, she started to get excited.
“That’s mighty nice of y’all. I sure do thank you,” Goodman said.
The back door lifted and two East Coast employees picked up Mrs. Goodman’s new washer and step by step, put it in her shed.
“It is a blessing from God, and for y’all to come out and just come around and give it to me. I’m just so thankful.”
East Coast Appliances was happy to help.
“We try to do things to try to give back to the community where we see need and we were more than happy to get on board with you guys and really do something to make her happy, make a change in her life,” said Rob Nicholson, owner of East Coast Appliances.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage