ODU Women’s Basketball Team volunteer passes from breast cancer
Sara Jones, a volunteer assistant to Old Dominion Women’s Basketball Team passed away early Friday morning after a lengthy battle with breast cancer.
Sara served as head coach Karen Barefoot’s assistant for the past two years.
Jones, who was 40, fought breast cancer the last 12 years of her life. Memorial services have not been set.
The Lady Monarchs will celebrate Sara’s life and breast cancer survivors this Sunday at the 11th annual Hoops for the Cure game.
Game time is set for 2 pm against Northeastern. Zeta Tau Alpha is co-sponsoring the event and will be handing out pink ribbons, pom-poms, pink t-shirts and shower cards all in an effort to raise education and awareness about this deadly disease
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found