USNS Spearhead arrives at Little Creek
Virginia Beach, Va – The Navy’s first joint high-speed vessel arrived at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story today.
The USNS Spearhead is like a ferry but faster. It’s able to carry about 600 tons of troops, military vehicles and military equipment.
The Navy is planning to construct nine more ships like it. The Spearhead will stay in Virginia Beach when not deployed
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton