USNS Spearhead arrives at Little Creek
Virginia Beach, Va – The Navy’s first joint high-speed vessel arrived at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek Fort Story today.
The USNS Spearhead is like a ferry but faster. It’s able to carry about 600 tons of troops, military vehicles and military equipment.
The Navy is planning to construct nine more ships like it. The Spearhead will stay in Virginia Beach when not deployed
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS