VDOT crews to continue emergency repairs on I-264 this weekend
Norfolk, Va. – VDOT crews will continue performing emergency concrete repairs on I-264 East between the Claiborne Avenue overpass and the Broad Creek Bridge this weekend and drivers are advised to avoid the area.
Work will continue in the eastbound two right lanes, with crews working in shifts around the clock throughout the weekend, beginning Friday at 7 p.m. and continuing through Monday, Feb. 18, at 5 a.m.
Traffic delays are anticipated on Saturday from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m., and Sunday from noon until 6 p.m. as a result of the work.
Motorists should avoid the area if possible and plan to use an alternate route, such as the I-64 High Rise Bridge or Route 13 Gilmerton Bridge. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
Motorists are encouraged to visit http://www.511virginia.org, call 511, listen to Highway Advisory Radio at1680AM or call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel