Taking action for Suffolk woman whose washing machine was stolen
Suffolk, Va. – A Suffolk woman was targeted by a thief – someone stole her washing machine.
But NewsChannel 3′s Reed Andrews is taking action.
“A washing machine is so heavy you’d think no one would steal it, especially from a 74-year-old widow.”
But that’s exactly what happened to Catherine Goodman of Suffolk.
“If I would have been home, and caught somebody doing it, it wouldn’t have been pleasant.”
Catherine Goodman feels like a part of her independence was stripped from her. She’s left dependent on others to take her to the laundromat.
“It’s really inconvenient because I can’t move around like I used to, you know.”
NewsChannel 3 takes action for Mrs. Goodman - teaming up with a local company to make her life a little easier.
“Praise the Lord!”
NewsChannel 3 takes action and gets Mrs. Goodman a new washer. That’s tonight at 11 after an all new Blue Bloods.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery