Taking action for Suffolk woman whose washing machine was stolen
Suffolk, Va. – A Suffolk woman was targeted by a thief – someone stole her washing machine.
But NewsChannel 3′s Reed Andrews is taking action.
“A washing machine is so heavy you’d think no one would steal it, especially from a 74-year-old widow.”
But that’s exactly what happened to Catherine Goodman of Suffolk.
“If I would have been home, and caught somebody doing it, it wouldn’t have been pleasant.”
Catherine Goodman feels like a part of her independence was stripped from her. She’s left dependent on others to take her to the laundromat.
“It’s really inconvenient because I can’t move around like I used to, you know.”
NewsChannel 3 takes action for Mrs. Goodman - teaming up with a local company to make her life a little easier.
“Praise the Lord!”
NewsChannel 3 takes action and gets Mrs. Goodman a new washer. That’s tonight at 11 after an all new Blue Bloods.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students