Icy conditions possible on Saturday
Hampton Roads could be in for some snow this weekend.
If you plan to travel on the roads, be sure to take extra caution due to possible icy conditions.
The Virginia Department of Transportation says they will be monitoring the conditions on the roads and pavement temperatures. They will start to treat interstates and primary routes if necessary.
Crews have adjusted their concrete repair schedule for I-264 EB between the Claiborne Ave. Overpass and the Broad Creek Bridge over the weekend due to the weather.
Work will now occur in this area from tonight, Friday, Feb. 15, at 7 p.m. to Saturday, Feb. 16, at 6 a.m. and resume on Sunday, Feb. 17, at 7 p.m. to Monday, Feb. 18, at 5 a.m. Motorists should avoid the area if possible and plan to use an alternate route, such as the I-64 High Rise Bridge or Route 13 Gilmerton Bridge. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more on this weekend’s forecast and road conditions.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel