Commanding officer of USS Kauffman relieved of command
The commander of the Norfolk-based USS Kauffman was relieved of his command Friday.
The Navy says there was a loss of confidence in Commander Corey Wofford’s ability to command.
The Navy said Wofford failed to establish a culture of compliance within the command and he didn’t correctly identify deficiencies as directed.
Commander Jennifer Couture, the former Executive Officer of USS Porter, will now serve as commander on the USS Kauffman.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home