Commanding officer of USS Kauffman relieved of command
The commander of the Norfolk-based USS Kauffman was relieved of his command Friday.
The Navy says there was a loss of confidence in Commander Corey Wofford’s ability to command.
The Navy said Wofford failed to establish a culture of compliance within the command and he didn’t correctly identify deficiencies as directed.
Commander Jennifer Couture, the former Executive Officer of USS Porter, will now serve as commander on the USS Kauffman.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's