Virginia couple wins $217 million Powerball jackpot
One Virginia couple in Fredericksburg received an extra special Valentine’s Day present today.
They celebrated the day of love by claiming $217 million in the Powerball jackpot!
Dave Honeywell returned to Richmond International Airport from a business trip when he saw a banner stating that someone had bought the winning ticket there. The winning ticket was in his pocket.
Honeywell matched all six numbers in the Feb. 6 drawing. He used an easy pick.
As he prepared for a meeting in Denver, he checked the winning numbers on the Lottery’s website and called his wife to tell her the good news.
Dave and his wife Nancy both work for the Department of Defense. Dave is a computer scientist and his wife is a project manager. They say they do not plan to quit their jobs.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen