Virginia couple wins $217 million Powerball jackpot
One Virginia couple in Fredericksburg received an extra special Valentine’s Day present today.
They celebrated the day of love by claiming $217 million in the Powerball jackpot!
Dave Honeywell returned to Richmond International Airport from a business trip when he saw a banner stating that someone had bought the winning ticket there. The winning ticket was in his pocket.
Honeywell matched all six numbers in the Feb. 6 drawing. He used an easy pick.
As he prepared for a meeting in Denver, he checked the winning numbers on the Lottery’s website and called his wife to tell her the good news.
Dave and his wife Nancy both work for the Department of Defense. Dave is a computer scientist and his wife is a project manager. They say they do not plan to quit their jobs.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains