Update: Victims identified in fatal accident on Shore Drive
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police have now identified the two victims in a vehicle crash on Shore Drive that happened on Thursday afternoon.
Police tell NewsChannel 3 one person died and one was injured in that vehicle crash.
The passenger has been identified as 18-year-old Gregory B. Welch of the 1300 block of Little Neck Road in Virginia Beach.
The driver has been identified as 19-year-old Stephen B. Clark Jr. of the 3600 block of Sea Breeze Point Trail in Virginia Beach.
It happened at 1:15 p.m., Thursday, February 14, 2013, in the 2500 block of Shore Drive near First Landing. Police say the 2003 Honda S2000 was heading eastbound in the 2500 block of Shore Drive near First Landing Park, when it crashed.
Police say speed was a factor in the crash. The passenger was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver was transported with non-life threatening injuries to a local hospital.
Both individuals were wearing seatbelts and both airbags deployed.
Alcohol does not appear to be factor in the crash and the case remains under investigation
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS