Newport News mother accused of beating teen with electrical cord
A Newport News mother has been charged with felony child abuse.
Police arrested 33-year-old Beverly Riddick yesterday.
Investigators say they were tipped off by school officials at Riddick’s 16-year-old daughter’s school.
Police say Riddick whipped the teen with an electrical cord.
Beverly Riddick is now in jail.
The teenager and a younger child are with other family members.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge