Newport News mother accused of beating teen with electrical cord
A Newport News mother has been charged with felony child abuse.
Police arrested 33-year-old Beverly Riddick yesterday.
Investigators say they were tipped off by school officials at Riddick’s 16-year-old daughter’s school.
Police say Riddick whipped the teen with an electrical cord.
Beverly Riddick is now in jail.
The teenager and a younger child are with other family members.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery