Three displaced after house fire in Newport News
Newport News, Va. –Three adults have been displaced after a fire burned a two-story home in the 700 block of Dresden Drive in Newport News.
Crews were dispatched to the scene at 8:08 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials say when they arrived, they found heavy flames and smoke. They declared the fire under control at 8:34 p.m.
Crews are still on the scene now to conduct overhaul operations.
The home sustained significant fire damage and has been condemned.
No injuries were reported.
Those who have been displaced have made arrangements to stay with relatives.
Crews believe the fire may have been caused by unattended cooking materials. Crews continue to investigate.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales