Three displaced after house fire in Newport News
Newport News, Va. –Three adults have been displaced after a fire burned a two-story home in the 700 block of Dresden Drive in Newport News.
Crews were dispatched to the scene at 8:08 p.m. Wednesday.
Officials say when they arrived, they found heavy flames and smoke. They declared the fire under control at 8:34 p.m.
Crews are still on the scene now to conduct overhaul operations.
The home sustained significant fire damage and has been condemned.
No injuries were reported.
Those who have been displaced have made arrangements to stay with relatives.
Crews believe the fire may have been caused by unattended cooking materials. Crews continue to investigate.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen