Police investigate attempted arson at church in Onancock
Onancock, Va. –According to Virginia State Police, crews are investigating an attempted arson at a church in the 21,000 block of Deep Creek Road in Onancock.
Police say they were told about the incident around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
They say based on the evidence at the scene, it appears that someone attempted to set fire to the church at some point within the past 24 hours.
They say damage was minimal and no one was injured.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery