Police investigate attempted arson at church in Onancock
Onancock, Va. –According to Virginia State Police, crews are investigating an attempted arson at a church in the 21,000 block of Deep Creek Road in Onancock.
Police say they were told about the incident around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
They say based on the evidence at the scene, it appears that someone attempted to set fire to the church at some point within the past 24 hours.
They say damage was minimal and no one was injured.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call