Newport News police take action against impaired driving
Starting this Friday, February 15 and lasting through Sunday, February 17, the Newport News Police Department will conduct another series of enhanced DUI patrol operations. These operations will last from 9:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. each night and will consist of additional officers focusing their patrol activities in areas where motorists are more likely to be operating their vehicles while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
The officers assigned to this operation will be working in an overtime capacity and will be paid through a Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles traffic safety grant, officials say.
The areas where the officers will be concentrating will not be made public prior to the operation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for details, as they are released.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’