Newport News police take action against impaired driving
Starting this Friday, February 15 and lasting through Sunday, February 17, the Newport News Police Department will conduct another series of enhanced DUI patrol operations. These operations will last from 9:00 p.m. until 3:00 a.m. each night and will consist of additional officers focusing their patrol activities in areas where motorists are more likely to be operating their vehicles while impaired by alcohol or drugs.
The officers assigned to this operation will be working in an overtime capacity and will be paid through a Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles traffic safety grant, officials say.
The areas where the officers will be concentrating will not be made public prior to the operation.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for details, as they are released.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen