Daughter of couple accused of locking girl in cage will not testify
The daughter of Gloucester parents accused of locking their daughter in a cage won’t have to testify in court about the alleged abuse.
The parents’ lawyer wanted the girl to testify, but the judge said no.
Brian and Shannon Gore are charged with aggravated malicious wounding and child abuse.
Back in April 2011, officials found their daughter naked, emaciated, and covered in feces in a make shift cage.
The little girl now lives with an adoptive family.
Sheriff’s deputies also found a pine box under a shed in the Gores’ back yard.
Inside were the remains of an infant boy. A cause of death has never been determined.
The Gores’ lawyer also wants a change of venue, but the judge hasn’t ruled on that yet.
The trial is set for March 5th.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’