Texas family has bird sanctuary inside auto shop
A couple in Texas is helping injured birds recover – inside an auto shop.
Mixed in with the noises you expect from a mechanic’s shop, there’s also the distinct chirp of birds: sparrows, doves, and even pigeons.
Gail Pittman has been rescuing and rehabbing birds for years, and she does it all out of her and her husband’s auto repair shop. Over the years, Pittman has saved hundreds of lives – working closely with a local bird vet. Watch the video to hear Gail’s story.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship