Texas family has bird sanctuary inside auto shop
A couple in Texas is helping injured birds recover – inside an auto shop.
Mixed in with the noises you expect from a mechanic’s shop, there’s also the distinct chirp of birds: sparrows, doves, and even pigeons.
Gail Pittman has been rescuing and rehabbing birds for years, and she does it all out of her and her husband’s auto repair shop. Over the years, Pittman has saved hundreds of lives – working closely with a local bird vet. Watch the video to hear Gail’s story.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations