Texas family has bird sanctuary inside auto shop
A couple in Texas is helping injured birds recover – inside an auto shop.
Mixed in with the noises you expect from a mechanic’s shop, there’s also the distinct chirp of birds: sparrows, doves, and even pigeons.
Gail Pittman has been rescuing and rehabbing birds for years, and she does it all out of her and her husband’s auto repair shop. Over the years, Pittman has saved hundreds of lives – working closely with a local bird vet. Watch the video to hear Gail’s story.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million