Industrial accident at Norfolk Naval Shipyard
An accident investigation is underway at the Norfolk Naval Shipyard.
Just before 5:30 p.m., a concrete bucket fell on a supervisor for a construction contractor at the shipyard.
A representative from the construction company SKANSKA tells us the worker was taken to Norfolk Sentara General Hospital with minor injuries. He was conscious and alert when he was transported.
The bucket was being moved on a crane when it fell.
The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea