Look What’s Cookin’ – Butternut Stuffed Quail
¼ cup pancetta (1/4” dice)
½ cup butternut squash (1/4” dice)
¼ cup leek (light green part)
¼ cup sourdough bread (1/4” dice)
1 clove garlic (smashed)
salt and pepper to taste
2 European Quail (semi boneless)
½ clove garlic
½ cups pistachios (not tosted)
4 Tbsp pumpkin seed oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
Sweat pancetta in pan, add squash and cook until almost al dente, add leeks and sourdough bread. Cook to lightly toast bread and add garlic. Cook just long enough to perfume dressing with garlic and remove from heat.
Stuff quail with stuffing and season with salt and pepper. Sear in hot skillet about 1 ½ minutes and turn over. Finish in 400 degree oven 6 to 8 minutes.
In food processor, pulse garlic, pistachios, salt and pepper. Drizzle in pumpkin seed oil and finish with olive oil.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars