Portsmouth police investigating first homicide of 2013
Portsmouth, Va. – Police in Portsmouth are investigating the city’s first homicide of the year after a woman was found dead in a residence in the 500 block of Broad Street.
Police received a 911 call about an unconscious woman at the residence around 5:15 am. Medics responded, found the woman with trauma to her body, and pronounced her dead at the scene.
Several witnesses at the location were detained by officers and are currently being questioned. The victim was transported to the Norfolk Medical Examiners Office pending an autopsy. Her identity is being withheld until her family is notified.
Detectives are asking anyone with information on this incident to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. You may also text “Portsmouth” plus your tip to 274637 (CRIMES) or go to portsmouthpd.us, click on the CRIMELINE link and enter your tip.
If your information leads to an arrest, you could be eligible for a cash reward up to $1000.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!