Black boxes could be mandated for cars in 2014
By the fall of 2014, it could be mandatory that all new cars come equipped with a “black box” like those found on planes.
The event data recorders will be able to detail all sorts of information including its primary focus of what happens during a crash like how fast the car was going and the number of passengers.
Some groups worry your privacy could end up being put at risk, but it’s already too late.
Many automakers have voluntarily installed the devices already.
The National Transportation Safety Agency has the authority to push this agenda and there’s nothing really standing in its way.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified