A Home for Cami: Dog with three legs finally gets new home
Like most dogs her age, Cami is a blur. She’s all fur and puppy energy.
In fact, you have to look closely just to see that there’s anything different about her
Cami’s $3,000 worth of surgical work was paid for by Virginia Beach SPCA CARE Medical Fund.
It’s hard to believe it’s only been three weeks since Cami faced expensive, major surgery to remove one of her legs.
At the time, NewsChannel 3 pledged to pay for her adoption when the right family came along.
That great home is with Jack Harper and his daughter Caitlin.
They lost one of their dogs over Christmas and wanted to find a good companion for the remaining dog.
As soon as they saw Cami, they knew she would fit the bill if for different reasons.
For Caitlin, it was Cami’s eyes.
For Jack, there was an immediate bond. While others might think twice about adopting the dog with the missing leg, that’s what drew him to Cami.
Jack suffers from multiple sclerosis.
While the disease might be slowing this Navy veteran down, He knows Cami will have a full, happy life in his home.
For more information about the Virginia Beach SPCA’s CARE Fund:
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen