A Home for Cami: Dog with three legs finally gets new home
Like most dogs her age, Cami is a blur. She’s all fur and puppy energy.
In fact, you have to look closely just to see that there’s anything different about her
Cami’s $3,000 worth of surgical work was paid for by Virginia Beach SPCA CARE Medical Fund.
It’s hard to believe it’s only been three weeks since Cami faced expensive, major surgery to remove one of her legs.
At the time, NewsChannel 3 pledged to pay for her adoption when the right family came along.
That great home is with Jack Harper and his daughter Caitlin.
They lost one of their dogs over Christmas and wanted to find a good companion for the remaining dog.
As soon as they saw Cami, they knew she would fit the bill if for different reasons.
For Caitlin, it was Cami’s eyes.
For Jack, there was an immediate bond. While others might think twice about adopting the dog with the missing leg, that’s what drew him to Cami.
Jack suffers from multiple sclerosis.
While the disease might be slowing this Navy veteran down, He knows Cami will have a full, happy life in his home.
For more information about the Virginia Beach SPCA’s CARE Fund:
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head