Second person charged in the 2011 death of 21-year-old Beach woman
Jerome A. Griffin
Portsmouth, Va. –On Thursday, a second person was charged in the 2011 shooting death of a Virginia Beach Woman, Jalisa Knight.
Jerome Alexander Griffin, Sr., 28, has been charged with murder. Griffin is now in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office on unrelated charges.
Police charged 26-year-old Michael Angelo Ecklin with murder in August of 2012.
On May 14, 2011, police received calls about gunshots in the 1100 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue located in the London Oaks neighborhood.
Police say they found Knight inside of a white Acura. She died from gunshot wounds to her upper body.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery