Second person charged in the 2011 death of 21-year-old Beach woman
Jerome A. Griffin
Portsmouth, Va. –On Thursday, a second person was charged in the 2011 shooting death of a Virginia Beach Woman, Jalisa Knight.
Jerome Alexander Griffin, Sr., 28, has been charged with murder. Griffin is now in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office on unrelated charges.
Police charged 26-year-old Michael Angelo Ecklin with murder in August of 2012.
On May 14, 2011, police received calls about gunshots in the 1100 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue located in the London Oaks neighborhood.
Police say they found Knight inside of a white Acura. She died from gunshot wounds to her upper body.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home