Second person charged in the 2011 death of 21-year-old Beach woman
Jerome A. Griffin
Portsmouth, Va. –On Thursday, a second person was charged in the 2011 shooting death of a Virginia Beach Woman, Jalisa Knight.
Jerome Alexander Griffin, Sr., 28, has been charged with murder. Griffin is now in the custody of the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office on unrelated charges.
Police charged 26-year-old Michael Angelo Ecklin with murder in August of 2012.
On May 14, 2011, police received calls about gunshots in the 1100 block of Mt. Vernon Avenue located in the London Oaks neighborhood.
Police say they found Knight inside of a white Acura. She died from gunshot wounds to her upper body.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam