CNU mourns loss of athletic department leader
Newport News, Va. - Christopher Newport University is mourning the death of C.J. Woollum, longtime leader of the CNU Athletic Department, according to a report from CNUSports.com.
The story goes on to say that C.J. won more than 500 games over 26 seasons as the Captains men’s basketball coach, and he transformed the Department of Athletics as its Director for more than 25 years. He was 64 years old.
Woollum, a native of Alexandria, Virginia, guided the men’s basketball program from 1984 through 2010. He concluded his spectacular coaching career with 502 wins and just 221 losses and led the Captains to 17 NCAA Tournaments.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales