Second suspect arrested in connection to Seldendale Drive homicide
Hampton, Va. –Hampton police say they have made a second arrest in a homicide investigation on Seldendale Drive that occurred on December 1, 2012.
They say they have arrested Tyreek Jamal Braxton.
Police say the Crime Line received information that Braxton was in the 1900 block of Coliseum Drive.
They say he was taken into custody without incident.
He had outstanding warrants on file for one count of murder, two counts of robbery, two counts of abduction and three counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Police say at 1:38 a.m. on December 1, 2012, an officer was on patrol in the 2000 block of Seldendale Drive when he heard gunshots being fired. Officers found 19-year-old Bartholomew Kyle Robinson suffering from a gunshot wound to the upper torso. He was later pronounced dead.
Police say the investigation revealed that the victim and a female were sitting inside of a car when they were approached by three suspects. They say an argument started and one of the suspects took out a gun and shot the victim.
They say the suspects stole money and other items from the victims.
Police believe the circumstances surrounding the incident appear to be narcotics related.
Police had already arrested Lequis Avari Williams on December 4.
Both suspects are now in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'