White House petition asks for national holiday after the Super Bowl
Feeling groggy this morning after staying up to watch the Super Bowl?
Here’s an idea you’ll like.
A group called 4for4.com has posted a petition on the White House ‘We the People’ site asking the Obama Administration to consider declaring the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday.
They believe having Monday off will promote a more productive workplace on Tuesday.
So far, 14,687 have signed the petition. It needs 100,000 signatures by February 23rd in order for the administration to consider the petition and reply.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods