White House petition asks for national holiday after the Super Bowl
Feeling groggy this morning after staying up to watch the Super Bowl?
Here’s an idea you’ll like.
A group called 4for4.com has posted a petition on the White House ‘We the People’ site asking the Obama Administration to consider declaring the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday.
They believe having Monday off will promote a more productive workplace on Tuesday.
So far, 14,687 have signed the petition. It needs 100,000 signatures by February 23rd in order for the administration to consider the petition and reply.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place