Employee of Beach Captain D’s pistol-whipped during robbery
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police are searching for a suspect who robbed a restaurant over the weekend in Virginia Beach.
On Sunday, February 3, 2013, around 9:37 p.m., police say a suspect entered the Captain D’s Restaurant, located in the 5600 block of Indian River Road. The suspect was armed with a handgun, proceeded to approach the counter, and demanded money from the cashier’s register.
Police say the suspect then approached the manager and asked for more money. The manager refused, and was struck in the head.
The manager was treated for a minor injury. No one else was injured, police say.
The suspect is described as a black male, about 15 -18 years old, 5’7 tall, thin build, wearing a Navy blue hooded sweatshirt, with jeans and black shoes.
Anyone with information on this crime should call the Crime Line at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize