Portsmouth man arrested for murder in Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Va. – Police have arrested a Portsmouth man for a murder in Virginia Beach.
On Friday, February 1, 2013, Virginia Beach police identified and arrested a suspect involved in the murder of 31-year-old Rafael Obes Hernandez.
The suspect is identified as 36-year-old Ulyssess Lee Keeling of the 2800 block of Elm Avenue in Portsmouth, Virginia. He has been charged with second degree Murder and Robbery.
Keeling is currently in the Virginia Beach Correctional Center and is being held without bond.
It happened on Thursday, December 27, 2012 at approximately 9:55 p.m., police tell NewsChannel 3.
Emergency Communications received the call regarding a possible body in the roadway. The caller reported it appeared to be an unconscious man in the 4100 block of O’Hare Drive. Police, Fire and EMS responded and found the victim, 31-year-old Rafael Obes Hernandez, lying in the middle of the road.
Hernandez was suffering from a gunshot wound and was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Police are still investigating this case. Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend