Norfolk shooting investigation now classified as homicide
Norfolk, Va.—According to Norfolk police, on Sunday night, units responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive regarding a gunshot victim.
They say the victim was transported to the hospital where he later died.
Investigators initially classified the case as an undetermined death. A weapon was recovered next to the victim.
Authorities thought it could have been a self-inflicted wound initially.
On Monday, investigators reclassified it as a homicide after new information was discovered.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study