Norfolk shooting investigation now classified as homicide
Norfolk, Va.—According to Norfolk police, on Sunday night, units responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive regarding a gunshot victim.
They say the victim was transported to the hospital where he later died.
Investigators initially classified the case as an undetermined death. A weapon was recovered next to the victim.
Authorities thought it could have been a self-inflicted wound initially.
On Monday, investigators reclassified it as a homicide after new information was discovered.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge