Norfolk shooting investigation now classified as homicide
Norfolk, Va.—According to Norfolk police, on Sunday night, units responded to the 5300 block of Marlfield Drive regarding a gunshot victim.
They say the victim was transported to the hospital where he later died.
Investigators initially classified the case as an undetermined death. A weapon was recovered next to the victim.
Authorities thought it could have been a self-inflicted wound initially.
On Monday, investigators reclassified it as a homicide after new information was discovered.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'