Monument to honor military dogs
A war dog and her handler are promoting a new military monument.
The Military Working Dog Teams National Monument is designed to honor dogs like “Lucca”.
The 8-year-old German shepherd lost her left paw while sniffing for explosives in Afghanistan. She is credited with saving hundreds of lives overseas.
Lucca and Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant Christopher Willingham are now traveling the country with the monument.
It will permanently call Lackland Air Force Base in Texas home this fall.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker