Monument to honor military dogs
A war dog and her handler are promoting a new military monument.
The Military Working Dog Teams National Monument is designed to honor dogs like “Lucca”.
The 8-year-old German shepherd lost her left paw while sniffing for explosives in Afghanistan. She is credited with saving hundreds of lives overseas.
Lucca and Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant Christopher Willingham are now traveling the country with the monument.
It will permanently call Lackland Air Force Base in Texas home this fall.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call