Monument to honor military dogs
A war dog and her handler are promoting a new military monument.
The Military Working Dog Teams National Monument is designed to honor dogs like “Lucca”.
The 8-year-old German shepherd lost her left paw while sniffing for explosives in Afghanistan. She is credited with saving hundreds of lives overseas.
Lucca and Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant Christopher Willingham are now traveling the country with the monument.
It will permanently call Lackland Air Force Base in Texas home this fall.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom