2 hospitalized in Virginia Beach condo fire
Virginia Beach, Va. – Officials are now investigating after a fire in Sawgrass condos overnight.
According to Virginia Beach Fire Battalion Chief Tim Riley, a husband and wife were hospitalized around 1 a.m. after flames tore through the beach condo. The husband was forced to jump from the balcony to escape. The two are expected to recover, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
Officials are still working to find the cause of the fire.
Watch NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Community helps family who lost father while treating two kids with cancer
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Three from Hampton Roads indicted in 7-Eleven immigration raids
- Woman sentenced to death set to walk free, go shopping with victim's grandson