Virginia lawmakers consider recommendations from governor’s school safety task force
Better security at schools: that’s one of the recommendations Virginia legislators are now considering from the governor’s task force to help keep student’s safe.
In addition to school security, they also recommended mandatory jail time for illegal gun buyers and sellers, immunity for those who report a credible danger and more resource officers on school campuses.
The governor says more security needs to be added to the buildings themselves.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS