Virginia lawmakers consider recommendations from governor’s school safety task force
Better security at schools: that’s one of the recommendations Virginia legislators are now considering from the governor’s task force to help keep student’s safe.
In addition to school security, they also recommended mandatory jail time for illegal gun buyers and sellers, immunity for those who report a credible danger and more resource officers on school campuses.
The governor says more security needs to be added to the buildings themselves.
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Accident involving school bus reported near Oceana Blvd.