Virginia lawmakers consider recommendations from governor’s school safety task force
Better security at schools: that’s one of the recommendations Virginia legislators are now considering from the governor’s task force to help keep student’s safe.
In addition to school security, they also recommended mandatory jail time for illegal gun buyers and sellers, immunity for those who report a credible danger and more resource officers on school campuses.
The governor says more security needs to be added to the buildings themselves.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'