Hampton Roads experiences week of wacky weather
It was a much different drive home from work this time last week, as some spots in Hampton Roads saw close to two inches of snow, making for a dangerous rush hour commute.
There were cars in ditches and an extra long drive for anyone who took Interstate 464 last Friday night.
We saw calmer weather once the weekend hit, and once it was time for the work week, it felt like Spring, with some spots seeing temperatures as high as 75 degrees!
On Tuesday, it was warm enough to sit outside with a cup of coffee, and by Wednesday, some took full advantage of the January heat wave and made their way to the beach.
But it didn’t last long. Wednesday night brought severe thunderstorms and wind, blowing trees into homes in Newport News and knocking power lines, leaving 55,000 people powerless.
Then, just when you thought you wouldn’t see it again until next year, the snow made it’s way back, as some people reported seeing flurries before it warmed up a bit this afternoon.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend