Hampton Roads experiences week of wacky weather
It was a much different drive home from work this time last week, as some spots in Hampton Roads saw close to two inches of snow, making for a dangerous rush hour commute.
There were cars in ditches and an extra long drive for anyone who took Interstate 464 last Friday night.
We saw calmer weather once the weekend hit, and once it was time for the work week, it felt like Spring, with some spots seeing temperatures as high as 75 degrees!
On Tuesday, it was warm enough to sit outside with a cup of coffee, and by Wednesday, some took full advantage of the January heat wave and made their way to the beach.
But it didn’t last long. Wednesday night brought severe thunderstorms and wind, blowing trees into homes in Newport News and knocking power lines, leaving 55,000 people powerless.
Then, just when you thought you wouldn’t see it again until next year, the snow made it’s way back, as some people reported seeing flurries before it warmed up a bit this afternoon.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'