‘Cool School Challenge’ for Special Olympics
Virginia Beach, Va. – Today, several school groups will take the “Cool School Challenge”.
It’s all part of the festivities for the Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Virginia.
The groups raised money and will have their own plunge this morning.
NewsChannel 3′s Juliet Bickford will host the event which starts at 10:30 a.m. at the Oceanfront. NewsChannel 3 and some friends took the Pre-plunge Wednesday morning to gear up for the big event.
Thousands will head to the Oceanfront tomorrow to take a dip and raise money for Special Olympics Virginia. Even some of the Special Olympians will take the plunge!
This is the largest fundraiser of the year for Special Olympics Virginia.
The official Polar Plunge is Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 2:30 p.m.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations