Report: School prayer amendment advances in Va. Senate
RICHMOND, Va. – A Republican-led Senate committee at the General Assembly has approved a constitutional amendment that, if passed, would permit prayer at government meetings on government property and schools. That’s according to a report from WTVR.com in Richmond, VA.
The amendment advanced by a party-line vote and now heads to the full Senate.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery