Ahoskie police officer accused of statutory rape
Ahoskie, NC – An Ahoskie police officer has been arrested and accused of statutory rape and indecent liberties with a child.
Officials conducted an investigation after receiving a criminal complaint. Andres Jorge Snape Jr. was placed on administrative leave with pay for two weeks.
On Jan. 30th Snape was arrested and charged in Hertford County. He was also terminated.
He has been charged with statutory rape, indecent liberties with child and statutory sexual offense.
His first court appearance will be Feb 1st and his bond is set at $1 million.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!