Teen shot near Marshall Avenue in Newport News
Newport News, Va.—Police say a 19-year-old man is being treated after he was found with a gunshot wound in the side of his abdomen.
They say just before 3 p.m. on Wednesday, emergency crews went to the area of 21st Street and Marshall Avenue about reports of a shooting.
When police arrived, they found the victim suffering from a gunshot wound.
Police say the victim told them he was walking in the area of 18th Street and Marshall Avenue when he heard a shot and felt a stinging sensation in his side. He told police he then walked to the 2000 block of Marshall Avenue.
He was taken to the hospital for treatment. Police have not released any further details.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found