Person claiming to be pastor leaves waiter note: ‘I give God 10%. Why do you get 18?’
Ready for another story about a note left on a restaurant receipt?
A waiter posted this receipt on Reddit showing bill for $34.93 with an automatic gratuity of 18% ($6.29) included. The waiter says it was part of a party of 20 and the 18 percent gratuity is automatically added to parties larger than eight. That policy was supposedly listed on the menu.
The diner scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. He wrote in 0 for the tip.
In total, the group ran up more than $200 worth of food before tax and tip, says the server. As for whether or not the zero-dollar tip reflect the quality of service, the waiter writes, “They had no problem with my service, and told me I was great. They just didn’t want to pay when the time came.”
The story has taken off since it was posted on Reddit’s Atheism page yesterday.
What do you think of the note? Do you think automatic gratuities for large parties at restaurants are a good idea? Post your comments below.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton