Man accused of killing Norfolk police officer back in court
Virginia Beach, Va. – The man accused of killing an off duty Norfolk police officer will be back in a Virginia Beach courtroom on Wednesday morning.
Raymond Perry has a court hearing today.
Last week, prosecutors said they are seeking the death penalty.
Perry is charged with robbing and killing Officer Victor Decker outside of a bar in Oceana back in 2010.
Perry says he’s innocent, and that the fellow inmates are lying to get reduced sentences.
Perry is already serving a life sentence in federal prison for a series of robberies.
NewsChannel 3 will be inside the courtroom for today’s hearing. Look for an update on NewsChannel 3 at noon.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales