Man accused of killing Norfolk police officer back in court
Virginia Beach, Va. – The man accused of killing an off duty Norfolk police officer will be back in a Virginia Beach courtroom on Wednesday morning.
Raymond Perry has a court hearing today.
Last week, prosecutors said they are seeking the death penalty.
Perry is charged with robbing and killing Officer Victor Decker outside of a bar in Oceana back in 2010.
Perry says he’s innocent, and that the fellow inmates are lying to get reduced sentences.
Perry is already serving a life sentence in federal prison for a series of robberies.
NewsChannel 3 will be inside the courtroom for today’s hearing. Look for an update on NewsChannel 3 at noon.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's