Man accused of killing Norfolk police officer back in court
Virginia Beach, Va. – The man accused of killing an off duty Norfolk police officer will be back in a Virginia Beach courtroom on Wednesday morning.
Raymond Perry has a court hearing today.
Last week, prosecutors said they are seeking the death penalty.
Perry is charged with robbing and killing Officer Victor Decker outside of a bar in Oceana back in 2010.
Perry says he’s innocent, and that the fellow inmates are lying to get reduced sentences.
Perry is already serving a life sentence in federal prison for a series of robberies.
NewsChannel 3 will be inside the courtroom for today’s hearing. Look for an update on NewsChannel 3 at noon.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found