Virginia named hot spot for ‘half-backs’
Virginia is the place for lovers, but now the move is on to make the Old Dominion more attractive to “half-backs.”
A “half back” is the term used for a retiree originally from the north who tried to move to Florida but decided they didn’t like it.
So they traveled halfway back up the coast.
In today’s Wall Street Journal market watch, Virginia was named a hot spot for “half backs.”
The city topping that list is Virginia Beach.
Besides the Beach, Roanoke, Winchester, and Charlottesville all made the list of great places for half-backs.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place