Virginia named hot spot for ‘half-backs’
Virginia is the place for lovers, but now the move is on to make the Old Dominion more attractive to “half-backs.”
A “half back” is the term used for a retiree originally from the north who tried to move to Florida but decided they didn’t like it.
So they traveled halfway back up the coast.
In today’s Wall Street Journal market watch, Virginia was named a hot spot for “half backs.”
The city topping that list is Virginia Beach.
Besides the Beach, Roanoke, Winchester, and Charlottesville all made the list of great places for half-backs.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'