Virginia named hot spot for ‘half-backs’
Virginia is the place for lovers, but now the move is on to make the Old Dominion more attractive to “half-backs.”
A “half back” is the term used for a retiree originally from the north who tried to move to Florida but decided they didn’t like it.
So they traveled halfway back up the coast.
In today’s Wall Street Journal market watch, Virginia was named a hot spot for “half backs.”
The city topping that list is Virginia Beach.
Besides the Beach, Roanoke, Winchester, and Charlottesville all made the list of great places for half-backs.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales