Practice grenade spotted in Hampton
Hampton, Va. –According to Hampton fire officials, a resident in the city found a practice grenade Tuesday evening.
They say calls came in at 6 p.m. in the 1300 block of Big Bethel Road.
Officials say the grenade was a practice grenade and it was not live.
Hampton authorities were in contact with the Langley Explosive Ordinance.
The bomb squad was also called.
They say the citizen who found the practice grenade wanted to make sure it was properly disposed.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- 51 killed in mammoth Oklahoma tornado; 40 more bodies expected