Practice grenade spotted in Hampton
Hampton, Va. –According to Hampton fire officials, a resident in the city found a practice grenade Tuesday evening.
They say calls came in at 6 p.m. in the 1300 block of Big Bethel Road.
Officials say the grenade was a practice grenade and it was not live.
Hampton authorities were in contact with the Langley Explosive Ordinance.
The bomb squad was also called.
They say the citizen who found the practice grenade wanted to make sure it was properly disposed.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains