Practice grenade spotted in Hampton
Hampton, Va. –According to Hampton fire officials, a resident in the city found a practice grenade Tuesday evening.
They say calls came in at 6 p.m. in the 1300 block of Big Bethel Road.
Officials say the grenade was a practice grenade and it was not live.
Hampton authorities were in contact with the Langley Explosive Ordinance.
The bomb squad was also called.
They say the citizen who found the practice grenade wanted to make sure it was properly disposed.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales