Boy Scouts of America reconsiders policy on sexual orientation
The Boy Scouts of America is considering its ban on gays. The Boy Scout policy against sexual orientation has been around for decades. Read More from the Washington Post.
It’s even been upheld by the Supreme Court.
More than one million people have signed petitions protesting the Scouts’ anti-gay policy.
Corporate sponsors like UPS and Merck have stopped financial contributions.
Still – some remain opposed to the change. If the policy is changed – local troops would decide whether to admit gay members. The entire Boy Scout community seems to be divided on this issue.
Should the Boy Scouts of America retain or reverse its gay policy?
Post your 3 cents.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen