Consumers could be charged new credit card surcharge
NewsChannel 3 is taking action to warn you about a new fee you could be charged for using your credit card.
Stores can now pass fees they’re charged onto you costing you up to an additional four percent.
It’s part of a settlement between Visa, MasterCard, and 9 different banks.
You won’t be charged if you pay with debit.
Ten states have prohibited the surcharges but neither Virginia nor North Carolina are on that list.
The new surcharges started on Sunday.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time