Consumers could be charged new credit card surcharge
NewsChannel 3 is taking action to warn you about a new fee you could be charged for using your credit card.
Stores can now pass fees they’re charged onto you costing you up to an additional four percent.
It’s part of a settlement between Visa, MasterCard, and 9 different banks.
You won’t be charged if you pay with debit.
Ten states have prohibited the surcharges but neither Virginia nor North Carolina are on that list.
The new surcharges started on Sunday.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Who wrote it -- man or woman? Take our handwriting quiz!