Weight room catches fire in Beach fire station
Virginia Beach, Va. – “Even Fire Stations are not immune from fire,” says Battalion Chief Tim Riley.
On Friday, January 25, 2013, Fire Station 21, located on Nimmo Parkway in Virginia Beach, had a heater malfunction in the ceiling, which caused a fire in the weight room.
Battalion Chief Riley says the fire station remained open, and reported that the exercise area had “more of a foul odor than normal”.
Watch NewsChannel 3 starting First at Four for more local news headlines.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Victim's family angry after killer gets unsupervised leave