Weight room catches fire in Beach fire station
Virginia Beach, Va. – “Even Fire Stations are not immune from fire,” says Battalion Chief Tim Riley.
On Friday, January 25, 2013, Fire Station 21, located on Nimmo Parkway in Virginia Beach, had a heater malfunction in the ceiling, which caused a fire in the weight room.
Battalion Chief Riley says the fire station remained open, and reported that the exercise area had “more of a foul odor than normal”.
Watch NewsChannel 3 starting First at Four for more local news headlines.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize