Update: Delivery driver robbed, shot in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – A food delivery driver was robbed and shot Sunday night in Chesapeake.
According to police, around 9 p.m. a man was delivering Chinese food to a home on Malcolm Court when two men robbed him and shot him in the stomach. The men then ran away.
Police say the victim drove himself to the SOLO gas station at the intersection of Campostella Rd. and Sunrise Ave and called police.
He was taken to Norfolk General Hospital with life-threatening injuries; however, police now say his condition is improving, and he is “conscious and talking”.
The driver works at Great China on Campostella Rd. A manager there says he has only worked at the restaurant for about a month or two.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are released.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids