VDOT warns icy roads will continue through the morning
As expected, temperatures throughout the region were below freezing overnight, creating the potential for icy roadways, bridges and overpasses. VDOT warns the frigid temperatures combined with wet roads could cause hazardous driving conditions throughout the area for people who need to travel Saturday morning.
VDOT has pre-treated area interstates and will continue to treat area bridges and overpasses with an anti-icing agent.
Crews will continue monitoring and applying abrasives on state maintained roads as needed.
Even when roads have been treated, motorists should reduce their speed and leave at least a five second driving distance between vehicles.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video