VDOT warns icy roads will continue through the morning
As expected, temperatures throughout the region were below freezing overnight, creating the potential for icy roadways, bridges and overpasses. VDOT warns the frigid temperatures combined with wet roads could cause hazardous driving conditions throughout the area for people who need to travel Saturday morning.
VDOT has pre-treated area interstates and will continue to treat area bridges and overpasses with an anti-icing agent.
Crews will continue monitoring and applying abrasives on state maintained roads as needed.
Even when roads have been treated, motorists should reduce their speed and leave at least a five second driving distance between vehicles.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire