Man brought to Hampton hospital after being shot in Newport News
Hampton, Va. – Newport News are investigating an early-morning shooting after a man was brought to Sentara Careplex with gunshot wounds.
Hampton police initially believed the man had been shot in their city, but after the man was transferred to Riverside Regional Medical Center for treatment investigators determined the shooting occurred in Newport News.
A crime scene was located and that city’s police took over the investigation.
Newport News detectives are interviewing people who brought the man to the Hampton Sentara Careplex and his family.
The 33-year-old victim remains in critical condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video