Man brought to Hampton hospital after being shot in Newport News
Hampton, Va. – Newport News are investigating an early-morning shooting after a man was brought to Sentara Careplex with gunshot wounds.
Hampton police initially believed the man had been shot in their city, but after the man was transferred to Riverside Regional Medical Center for treatment investigators determined the shooting occurred in Newport News.
A crime scene was located and that city’s police took over the investigation.
Newport News detectives are interviewing people who brought the man to the Hampton Sentara Careplex and his family.
The 33-year-old victim remains in critical condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time